Enantyum is a drug that belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs , which relieve pain in inflammatory and muscular processes. Its active principle is dexketoprofen, which has a greater analgesic action than the rest of the anti-inflammatories, for this reason the doses in which it is administered is lower. At FastlyHealwe show you what enantyum is for , as well as its indications and contraindications.
Table of Contents
Differences between anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The steroidal antiinflammatory consist of steroids that regulate inflammation and help relieve symptoms of fever, autoimmune diseases and conditions of the skin, reducing redness. Their administration should be limited as they can have a counterproductive effect on the immune system.
On the other hand, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or (NSAIDs) prevent the activation of cyclooxygenase enzymes, which are responsible for the pain that occurs when there is muscle inflammation. They have a vasodilator effect that eliminates swelling.
Uses of enantyum
Enantyum is often prescribed to soothe pain that is mild to moderate in intensity, such as the following:
- Muscle pain caused by trauma, blows, low back pain, or arthritis
- Menstrual pain , relieves pain caused by menstrual cramps.
- Toothache and any other dental ailment.
- Postoperative pain , as it helps in the anti-inflammatory process.
How to take enantyum?
If you consume enantyum in pills, the ideal is to take it every 4 or 6 hours, for the 12.5 mg presentation, in the case of 25 mg, every 8 hours. It is necessary that you do not exceed 75 mg a day and it is not advisable to maintain the treatment for a long time. Contrary to what is believed, enantyum should not be administered with food , since it delays its absorption and effect, it is preferable to take it 30 minutes before. The tablets should be taken with water and swallowed without being chewed.
For 25 mg granules it is recommended to consume 1 out of every 8 hours and you can take up to three sachets a day. This presentation must be dissolved in a glass of water and stir with a teaspoon until it is completely diluted.
Contraindications of enantyum
This medicine cannot be administered in the following cases:
- If you have an allergy or sensitivity to the active substance dexketoprofen
- Patients with intestinal bleeding, Crohn’s disease .
- Person with heart failure.
- Kidney and liver dysfunction.
- Women who are in the third trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Patients who have a history of bronchial asthma.
- Enantyum should not be given to children and adolescents.
Interactions with other medications
If you take other drugs or have a specific condition, pay attention to the following list of drugs that interact with enantyum:
- Anticoagulants : enantyum can enhance its effects.
- Anti-inflammatories : this medicine should not be mixed with other anti-inflammatories to enhance its effect, since it increases the risk of ulcers and bleeding.
- Lithium : this must be evaluated by a doctor since non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase the level of lithium in the blood and can become toxic.
- Diuretics and antidepressants : Make sure to stay hydrated if you take both medications to avoid compromising kidney function.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is the enantyum for? , we recommend that you enter our Wellness category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.