The eyes are compassionate and highly exposed areas, with which a problem that affects them will be very noticeable and annoying. There are different reasons why a pimple-like lesion can appear in the eye: infections in the eyelids, tear ducts, and even tumors can start as a simple pimple.
If you are interested in learning more about the possible causes of a pimple in the eye and how to remove it with the right treatments and advice, keep reading this article from FastlyHeal .
Why do I have a pimple in my eye – It causes
An injury in the eye or near it that has the appearance of granite can correspond to different problems of both the skin and the glands present in it (lacrimal, sebaceous), among others. Next, we explain the possible causes of having a pimple in the eye:
One of the most common causes of a pimple on the eyelid is style. It is the inflammation of a sebaceous gland on the edge of the eyelid, upper or lower, caused by an infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus. It comes with:
This is the blockage of an oil gland in the eyelid in a more chronic way, which may be sore and red at first, but it can also start without pain. The issue in this type of injury is the permanence of a small lump on the eyelid that may disappear on its own, but other times it needs the intervention of a professional.
Inflammation in the lacrimal sac
It usually occurs in someone who already suffers from discomfort in the lacrimal area. There may be a previous obstruction, that there is an injury, an inflammation, an infection, or a tumor both at the level of the tear duct and in the nose. In addition to a pimple in the inner area of the eye (near the bridge of the nose), you may have:
- Pain in the internal space of the eye.
- Recurrent conjunctivitis.
- Mucus, pus, or crusts on the eyelids.
- Blurred vision.
It is the infection of the subcutaneous cellular tissue, the fat, which is under the skin of the eyelid. It may originate in other conditions in nearby areas, such as sinusitis, conjunctivitis, and skin lesions due to a bite.
There is usually a lot of pain and inflammation, which can start relatively localized (like a pimple) but generate significant inflammation throughout the eyelid.
It is a viral infection of the skin in which small lumps appear in different body areas since they are easily spread to the same person or other people. It is caused by a poxvirus and usually heals on its own, but it can last for up to 3 years; it can itch. Infections are worse in people with low defenses. In the following article, you can see more details about the symptoms and treatment of molluscum contagiosum.
It is a small, yellowish nodule on the eyelids, which sometimes corresponds to high blood cholesterol. They are more common in older people and do not bring significant problems than the aesthetic ones.
Tumor on the eyelid
Different types of growth on the skin of the eyelids can begin with the appearance of a pimple. The diagnosis is essential in this case since the treatment will depend on its characteristics.
How to remove a pimple in the eye
The treatment of a pimple in the eye depends on the cause of the spot in the eye, which, as we have explained in the previous section, can be several and very different from each other.
Never squeeze a pimple in the eye; it can seriously infect the area and aggravate the problem, and will not help to solve it.
If you have a sudden stye-like swelling, you can try applying heat to it with a clean cloth dampened with hot water. If you notice that it is not resolved after 48 hours, you should consult a professional.
If the pimple in the eye takes longer or you notice other symptoms such as redness, recurrent conjunctivitis, intense pain, and fever, among others, you should go to an ophthalmologist since you must receive an accurate diagnosis that helps to find the right best treatment option for your case, avoiding possible complications.
Other tips for treating a pimple in the eye
Beyond the causes of pimples in the eyes, there are different measures you can take to avoid problems in the eyes, including:
- Wash your hands well . Your hands must be permanently clean since most of the time you touch your eyes; it is unintentional and, as this is a bit difficult, you should take it into account, especially after times when they get dirtier (go to the toilet, throwing away garbage, coming back from the street) or before preparing food or eating. Remember that handwashing must be correct: using running water, scrubbing your hands well with soap, and dry them with a clean cloth. It is also essential to teach these habits to children since it is widespread for them to rub their eyes without realizing it.
- It is vital to avoid rough rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid handling contact lenses without proper hygiene conditions. Once again, hand washing is essential when putting on or taking off your contact lenses.
- Remove makeup well before bed. The remains of bases, eyeliner, or shadows can cause inflammation or a greater propensity to suffer problems in the skin of the eyelids.
- Do not use products on your face that are too irritating or in poor condition. Do not share these types of products with other people.
- Use neutral soaps to clean your face, be careful not to leave soap residues near your eyelids.
- Quickly consult an ophthalmology specialist when you notice any inflammation or problem in your eyes; if you miss this problem, it is common for them to evolve unfavorably.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimple in the eye: causes and how to remove it , we recommend that you enter our Eyes and vision category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.