Urine infection or cystitis is a relatively common and well-known disease, especially feared by women who suffer most. 40% of them suffer it at least once in their life.
Although it is not severe, it is very annoying because of the pain it sometimes causes and because it multiplies the visits to the bathroom and the way of urinating. It occurs when the bladder becomes inflamed and is usually due to a bacterial infection. Although there are medicines that cure it, there are also natural remedies to treat urine infection, which are very effective. If you are curious to know what they are, keep reading; in FastlyHeal, we show them to you.
Table of Contents
Apart from going to the doctor to diagnose and treat urine infections, you can use natural products to cure this disease. One of the most common and available to everyone is water. It is essential to drink at least 1.5L a day to eliminate toxins. Still, in addition, just as there are pharmacy antibiotics, there are also natural antibiotics, foods with a series of vitamins and components that help us improve our health.
For cystitis, the most indicated are:
- Cranberries: thanks to the antioxidant substances they contain, they manage to exert an antiseptic and antibiotic effect that attacks germs and bacteria that adhere to the walls of the urinary tract. In addition, vitamin C helps our defenses better fight against infection and prevent subsequent recurrences.
- Parsley and garlic: to increase the effectiveness of these foods, it is good to mix the parsley with acidic fruit juices and marinate the garlic by adding olive oil before eating.
- Fermented dairy products: because they contain lactobacilli, which help improve the intestinal flora and reinforce our antibodies.
- Diuretics: asparagus, cucumbers, celery, pineapple, etc. They are foods that help our body eliminate toxins and fight fluid retention.
This product manages to neutralize the acidity in the urine and therefore helps to cure cystitis. One tablespoon of bicarbonate should be mixed in a glass of water and swallowed. It manages to relieve the discomfort of the infection effectively.
Infusions and teas
They are also an option to treat urinary infections:
- Birch infusion: being a diuretic, it helps to eliminate all impurities from our body and prevents fluid retention.
- Basil infusion: it is recommended to take it twice a day for two days.
- Herbal teas: nettle, boldo, or corn silk.
In addition to fighting this disease with natural remedies, it is also essential to prevent it. There are several ways to achieve this; for example, drink plenty of water, avoid exciting substances such as coffee, alcohol, or tobacco and maintain a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
Although not only food and drinks are essential, it is also necessary to acquire certain habits, wear cotton underwear, which favors perspiration and prevents moisture, and not wearing too tight clothes because they tend to cause the temperature of the area to rise, even sweat, and that is a breeding ground for infections. In addition, because 80% of the bacteria that cause urine infection come from the feces, it is recommended to always wash and dry from front to back.
So you know, taking care of yourself is not that complicated; you just have to acquire good habits and lead a healthy life. In case the infection persists, do not hesitate to consult your doctor.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Natural remedies for urine infection, we recommend that you enter our category of Kidneys and urinary system .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.