Colitis is one of the most annoying diseases for those who suffer from it. Although for many of those affected by nervous colitis there is no serious health risk, the reality is that the discomfort and pain caused by this condition can become unbearable, especially when it is suffered chronically.
With this in mind, it is not surprising that patients seek any remedy that can alleviate their symptoms. From FastlyHealwe have already told you about home remedies for colitis , now, we will talk about another suitable product for this disease. Next we will explain everything about the QG5, what effect it has on time and how often the QG5 is taken .
Table of Contents
Colitis: what is it and types
When we talk about colitis we are generalizing too much. In itself, the term colitis only defines inflammation of the lining of the intestine, a condition that can be caused by multiple causes.
The nervous colitis is surely the one that affects more people. It is a condition caused by stress and anxiety, coupled with poor eating habits, which can become chronic. But emotional problems are not the only ones that can cause cystitis. Below we will explain what other conditions cause this disease:
- Ulcerative colitis : caused by an ulcerated wound in the wall of the colon.
- Medication colitis : Certain medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or some antibiotics are very irritating to the stomach, which over time can cause stomach ulcers.
- Hemorrhagic colitis : Actually, this condition is still a type of gastroenteritis, since it is caused by the bacteria Escherichia Coli. Once infected, the person may have blood in their diarrheal stools.
- Granulomatous colitis : it is a disease of autoimmune origin that is also known by the name of Crohn’s disease .
Either way, the signs and symptoms of colitis are very similar in any case. There may be some variations in terms of its appearance: more sudden or more gradual or in terms of its intensity, but basically they are the following:
- Abdominal pain : along with an increase in temperature in the abdominal area resulting from intestinal inflammation.
- Stools with pus or blood : This is usually the most alarming symptom.
- Fever : if there is an infection, it is normal for the body temperature to rise.
- Tenesmus : that is, needing to go to the bathroom again after finishing defecating, a sensation caused by inflammation of the rectum.
QG5 for colitis
QG5 is a product made from extracts of the plant popularly known as guava or guava, whose scientific name is Psidium guajava . Among the compounds of this plant, which are used for this product, its richness in flavonoids such as quercetin stands out.
It is a substance that has certain properties that can be beneficial when treating colitis and other gastrointestinal problems. Among other benefits, its capacity as an antispasmodic stands out , that is, it calms seizures and spasms of the muscles, in this case the intestinal ones, and antimotile , which prevents stomach movements.
With all this, and with the studies that have been done in this regard, it can be said that this active antidiarrheal principle is valid for treating colitis and acute diarrhea, as well as other diseases. However, it is not recommended to take it voluntarily, but you should always consult a doctor to see if your condition can be treated with this product.
How often is the QG5 taken
The dose and the time between takes of QG5 will depend on the doctor and the condition you have. Below we explain how often the QG5 is taken with different pathologies for which it can be prescribed:
- For colitis : 1 tablet every 8 hours -three times a day- for 30 days.
- For acute non-infectious diarrhea : 1 tablet every 8 hours -three times a day- for 2/3 days.
- For menstrual cramps : 1/2 tablets every 8 hours -three times a day- for the duration of the period.
Is QG5 taken before or after eating?
As we have already explained, QG5 is taken every 8 hours, however, many people wonder if it is taken before or after meals. QG5 should always be taken before eating.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How often the QG5 is taken , we recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.