Only those people who have suffered from renal colic can attest to the bad drink it entails. Not a childbirth, not a gunshot, not bone fractures, medical history says that the pain caused by kidney stones is the most intense of those that exist.
As we have mentioned, its origin is a stone -or grains of sand- called calculus, installed in some area of the duct that connects the urinary tract with the kidneys. This stone causes extremely intense pain, which appears suddenly, from the lower back, spreading throughout the back. The pain that it produces is described as a pressure that comes and goes, with a strong heartbeat, which is quite common because it causes fainting.
Although, as in any other disease, depending on the person and the importance of the affectation, it is more or less serious, in many cases of renal colic, medical treatment can be helped to expel the stone and relieve pain to pass with more comfort those days. Next, at FastlyHeal , we tell you what are the home remedies for kidney colic .
When to visit the doctor
If you notice these symptoms and suspect that you may suffer from renal colic, you should always visit the doctor , since the symptoms are similar, you could confuse it with an intestinal obstruction syndrome or appendicitis, diseases that do require immediate medical intervention.
If you do have kidney stones, depending on their severity, you will need an intervention from the medical services or you will simply have to wait for the stone to run its course until you can expel it, at FastlyHealwe know how painful and agonizing that wait is, for That is why we bring you these home remedies to relieve pain and lighten the path of colic.
Drinking these plants, preferably through an infusion, is a great way to accelerate the urinary processes of our body, making the body urinate more easily and more frequently . This correct evacuation of liquids will prevent the development of stones and if they are already present, it will be a great help to eliminate them. Among these plants with diuretic effects we highlight:
- Parsley : Parsley is a very easy herb to find and that almost everyone has at home, that is why it is one of the best home remedies to combat kidney stones. You should add a tablespoon of parsley to a cup full of boiling water and wait for the leaves to infuse, taking this concoction several times a day you will notice how your urination rate increases, facilitating the expulsion process. This plant is also a great option to fight urine infection .
- Nettle: Nettle is another plant that has diuretic properties, and as in the case of parsley, it is also an easy and simple remedy. Add a tablespoon of dried nettle plant to a cup of boiling water, after 5 minutes resting, filter the water to separate it from the remains of the dried leaf. Between two and three servings a day should be necessary to notice its action in your body.
- Dandelion : Dandelion is the great diuretic plant, so powerful it is in that sense that it is also recommended for fluid retention, to cleanse the blood or in those who suffer from cholesterol, hypertension or diabetes. The infusion process is the same as in the previous two, and you should drink three cups a day, one before each meal.
Herbs to reduce pain
The stone installed in the canal is what causes us pain, or therefore the best way to end it is to expel it. However, this process is very painful and it never hurts a little help to reduce the suffering a little. These herbal remedies can help us to relieve pain caused by colic:
- Bean flowers : Drinking bean flower infusions can serve as an analgesic, making you live more calmly waiting until the stone is expelled. Put 40g of bean flowers for every half liter of boiling water, after 30 minutes in which the water has settled, strain the infusion, separating the water from the plant. Drink this drink for four consecutive days and you will notice the improvement in your pain.
- Chamomile : This infusion can be made at home or you can find it already made in a bag, given its popularity it will not be difficult to find it. If you choose to make it yourself, you should boil 4 tablespoons of chamomile in half a liter of water for 5 minutes. After removing from heat and letting it cool down a bit, apply it to the kidney area with cotton cloths soaked in the infusion as if they were compresses. As soon as it cools down, change the cloth and soak it again.
Water is miraculous
It has been said all life: water is miraculous. Apart from being essential for the development of life, it is one of the best ways in which we can prevent kidney stones and it is also one of the most effective ways to expel them.
It is likely that you do not feel like drinking liquids, but it is essential that you do so since hydration is vital to expel the stone, as well as it will relieve pain. Water prevents low levels of urine, which will prevent solids from remaining in the body that can form stones.
If you do not usually drink the 2 liters of water that is recommended a day in an adult person, you can replace it with juices or infusions, such as those that we have mentioned above, so you should not drink coffee.
Foods to fight kidney stones
There are certain foods that due to their properties can be of great help to prevent and combat kidney stones, while strengthening the immune system and preventing us from contracting other diseases that aggravate our state of health during those days when the stone it torments us.
Vegetables are generally great remedies for dissolving kidney stones and preventing new ones from forming again. If it is normally advisable to take 5 pieces of fruits or vegetables, during this period you should increase your intake until 7 o’clock, in this way you can avoid the accumulation of calcium in the bladder, kidneys and urinary tract.
Among the vegetables there is one that stands out for its properties and capacities as a diuretic: asparagus . Increasing urinary flow and kidney activity, asparagus is good for kidney colic, fluid retention and cystitis .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for renal colic , we recommend that you enter our Kidneys and urinary system category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.