Several factors can influence a couple’s ability to conceive a child. At times, future parents tend to be obsessed with this issue, and it can be one more problem that adds to the time of getting pregnant. One of the factors that must be taken into account is the food taken in the diet. This is explained by the influence that certain foods have on the quality of sperm, which can improve or worsen it and have an impact on the quantity. Other factors that affect male fertility must be considered, but in this FastlyHealarticle, we focus on informing you about those foods to improve male fertility.
Table of Contents
Aspects to consider
In Spain, between 15% and 18% of couples have infertility problems; in Mexico, this percentage is similar, with 15% and 17% of couples having difficulties achieving a pregnancy. This situation occurs in both men and women. Still, it has increased in the latter for a simple reason: nowadays, women have children later, it is implied by older age, and the difficulty of achieving it increases.
However, some doctors do not classify a lack of conception as infertility until after a year, after which a couple under 35 have had sex regularly without any contraceptive method. So, before getting desperate and obsessing over the subject, it is best to do everything in our power to contribute to the success of achieving pregnancy. In addition, the option of going to a specialized center where artificial inseminations are carried out should not be ruled out. The success rate of performing artificial insemination is generally 15% per cycle and around 45% after four attempts.
Foods rich in vitamin A
This type of vitamin is involved in the formation of steroids, essential in sex hormones. In addition, vitamin A protects the cells of the male reproductive system thanks to its antioxidant effect, reducing premature aging that takes place due to free radicals. These are some of the foods that improve male fertility:
- Green leafy vegetables . They are excellent for preparing healthy and varied dishes in the form of salads and being rich in vitamin A and providing calcium. These vegetables are collard greens, turnips, spinach, and chard. So now you know, if you want to contribute to improving your fertility in addition to taking care of your diet, incorporating this type of breath is a good option.
- Carrot . Another food that provides us with vitamin A. This vegetable can be consumed both raw and boiled and is very good for health.
- Liver . Although it is not an option for vegetarians, the liver is a product with a high level of vitamin A, which will help add to the antioxidant effect of the male reproductive system.
- Butter . The nutrients in butter help improve male fertility since it provides beneficial fats and oils if consumed in moderation.
- Eggs . This food improves male fertility due to its fat content, which stimulates estrogen production, a hormone necessary for conception. The egg is also beneficial during pregnancy due to the essential nutrients.
Alimentos with vitamin E
This vitamin is involved in regulating the hormonal system and improves sperm motility. The lack of vitamin E in men can affect the quality of sperm, while in women, it can alter menstrual cycles.
- Sunflower seeds . Rich in vitamin E and Omega 6, they can be consumed as a garnish for salads or soups, providing a large amount of vitamin E. For this reason, it is one of the foods to improve male fertility.
- Almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts. Contrary to what many people may think, some nuts consumed raw have beneficial effects on the body. In this case, they stimulate sperm motility, that is, their ability to move, something essential to achieve fertilization of the egg. In this article, we talk about whether nuts are fattening.
Foods with vitamin C
Other foods that improve male fertility are those that contain vitamin E. In addition to stimulating sperm motility, these foods prevent defective sperm from being produced and fight free radicals.
- Fruits . Kiwis, lemons, oranges, and raspberries are some of the most common fruits from which we can obtain vitamin C.
- Pulses . Another rich food that cannot be missing in our diet is its contribution to hydrates, fiber, and iron and its benefit to improving man’s fertility.
- Pumpkin seeds . It provides magnesium, and Omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential for the proper functioning of the body.
- Chicken . Chicken breast is the part that contains the highest level of vitamin C.
Foods rich in zinc
Foods that contain zinc allow testosterone levels to increase, and its lack would lead to alterations in this hormone. In addition, zinc deficiency is related to a lower quantity and motility of sperm.
- Beef . It is recommended to consume its cuts lean due to their low-fat content.
- Seafood . Oysters significantly increase sperm production and stimulate the creation of male sex hormones.
- Fungi . White mushrooms such as mushrooms provide 6% of the recommended daily dose of zinc.
- Liver . If mushrooms provide 6% of the daily dose of zinc, calf liver contains 80%, making it one of the best options for improving male fertility through diet.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods to improve male fertility , we recommend that you enter our Sexuality category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.