Although it is common and normal for pregnant women to gain weight, it is essential to keep this under control since, on many occasions, they tend to gain more kilos than they should and this can bring various problems. One of the most common disorders of overweight mothers in pregnancy is that the child is born too big, so it will be much more likely to suffer from obesity when it grows up, however, other difficulties can also occur during pregnancy such as pressure high blood pressure and gestational diabetes.
It is for this that it is essential that women who are fathering her child stay fit and although it is always important to follow the instructions of a professional, in the following article FastlyHealwe recommend some exercises for pregnant overweight , that same it must be done under medical supervision and control.
Walking, moderate exercise during pregnancy
Taking quiet walks has many benefits, not only for pregnant women, but for anyone. It is a simple and safe exercise that offers great results if done consistently and properly.
Walking with constant steps, without stopping for distraction, can help pregnant women not only avoid being overweight, but also benefits:
- To circulation.
- To the respiratory system.
- It reduces the risk of suffering alterations in blood pressure.
- It favors the synthesis of vitamin D in the body when exposed to the sun.
- Helps regulate cholesterol levels.
In addition to these benefits , it is even more favorable for a pregnant woman since:
- Reduces swelling of the extremities.
- Eliminate constipation .
- It makes the child’s arrival better and easier.
Exercises in the water, perfect for pregnant women with extra kilos
Both swimming and almost all exercises performed in the water are highly recommended if you want to know about exercises for overweight pregnant women. This is because activities of this type make the weight of the body and the belly not feel , so it will allow the woman to feel much more comfortable and safe to perform them frequently throughout the pregnancy.
Likewise, aquatic exercises prevent both the mother and her future child from suffering some kind of injury. By practicing water sports, pregnant women can improve:
- His musculature.
- Blood and respiratory circulation.
- Reduces lumbar discomfort.
- Helps to relax.
- Strengthens the legs avoiding swelling.
- It makes the area more flexible to improve the birth canal.
Yoga, reduces the effects of being overweight in pregnancy
During pregnancy, women can undergo various changes and feeling the weight on their belly that is increasing each month can cause muscle discomfort, lower back and the habit of poor posture. For this reason, practicing yoga can prevent not only that a woman suffers from overweight during the pregnancy of her child, but also the appearance of various disorders such as those mentioned above.
It is advisable to practice yoga so that women who are expecting a child can:
- Get rid of the feeling of fatigue.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Decrease nervous tension.
- Back discomfort disappears.
- Ensure correct oxygenation of the fetus throughout pregnancy.
Pilates, other exercises for overweight pregnant women
Although doing Pilates can be very beneficial for pregnant women, there could be minimal risks if exercises, postures or movements are done that involve the belly or balance, so it is essential that it is always done under supervision and following strictly the advice provided by the specialists.
Despite the above, doing Pilates during pregnancy can offer great benefits and results similar to those obtained if you practice yoga , such as eliminating certain muscle discomfort and, of course, preventing women from gaining extra kilos during the entire pregnancy.
Bicycle, avoid gaining more weight in pregnancy
Riding in moderation can offer excellent benefits not only for pregnant women , but for everyone:
- Avoid overweight both mother and child.
- Improves blood circulation.
- It relaxes and helps the pregnant woman to be distracted for a long time.
Despite the above, this exercise is recommended only after the fifth or sixth month of gestation if the pregnancy is completely natural, however, it is essential to consult a specialist before starting this or any other exercise mentioned above so as not to compromise the development of the baby due to poor exercise practice.
Some tips on exercise for being overweight in pregnant women
- Before performing any exercise, you should consult a professional.
- You have to start slowly and gradually any exercise, you can also increase its duration with the recommendations of a specialist.
- Do not try too hard, if you are tired it is important to relax for a moment or stop the activity.
- Eat properly as indicated by specialists.
- You always have to stay hydrated throughout the activity.
- If it’s outdoors, wear sunscreen and a hat to keep the heat away.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Exercises for overweight pregnant women , we recommend that you enter our Physical Activity category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.