Empacho is a digestive disorder that can occur in anyone but is most commonly seen in children ages 1 to 5 and adults over 50 years of age.
In most cases, Empacho is presented by excesses in consuming food or beverages, such as alcohol or caffeine. In addition, poor stress management can be another cause that causes its appearance.
Empacho turns out to be a reason for frequent medical consultation; however, in many cases, it is usually resolved with home remedies without medical intervention.
Next, in this FastlyHealarticle, we explain in detail what are the symptoms of Empacho and how to cure it.
Table of Contents
What is an empacho?
Empacho is known as indigestion caused by excess food intake; it can also be defined as a chronic disease caused by difficult digestion (dyspepsia), which, in turn, tends to cause various alterations.
The arrest of food in the digestive tract intervenes in the digestibility of the food consumed and then processed in what is known as digestion. The preceding brings with it the emergence of symptoms associated with Empacho.
Causes of an embarrassment
A glut can occur for various reasons. Next, we show them to you:
- Eat much more than the stomach can digest and quickly.
- I was eating after hours or before sleeping.
- I am having an improper position or making movements that cause agitation at mealtime.
- Being worried or stressed during the meal without paying attention to the amount and what is eaten.
- The intake of drinks or foods that contain large amounts of spicy, caffeine, or alcohol.
Symptoms of Empacho
You can have an embarrassed if you have these symptoms :
- General discomfort.
- Lack of appetite.
- Abdominal swelling
- Threw up.
- Diarrhea or constipation
How to cure Empacho
To control the symptoms of Empacho and be able to cure it, you should follow some tips. If these persist, it will be necessary to see a doctor.
When you feel heaviness in your stomach, it is indicative that it has not finished digestion yet; for this reason, you should let it rest, eat less food and be low in fat, all with medical supervision.
The doctor will prescribe some drugs such as antacids or gastric protectors to relieve heartburn and the feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
It would help if you did it in small portions when you eat food again, prepared on the grill or boiled. If you wish, you can accompany them with vegetables and even fruits.
Another way to cure an embarrassment is by using home remedies in the form of infusions. Some of them are:
- Ginger infusion: ginger is an excellent option to relieve stomach upset; you can use it without problems when it is a filling. To make the infusion, you will need a cup of boiling water, and you will add a piece of ginger root; you let it rest to drink it warm two or three times a day.
- Chamomile tea: chamomile helps the stomach by balancing the gastric juices found inside, reducing inflammation and the feeling of fullness. For its preparation, you will need to boil a cup of water. Subsequently, add a tablespoon of chamomile flowers, let it rest, and then eat it several times during the day.
- Baking soda with lemon: the union of these two remedies is helpful to combat heartburn, which is another of the symptoms that accompany indulgence. To prepare this remedy, you need to dissolve the juice of a lemon and a teaspoon of bicarbonate in half a glass of water. When you take it, you will feel less complete, as it helps reduce inflammation of the stomach.
How to avoid embarrassment
If you want to avoid embarrassment, follow these recommendations :
- Complying with established times to eat meals will allow you to give your stomach a break.
- You can eat more meals a day by eating small amounts of food.
- Drink more fluids like water, soups, juices, and tea.
- Chew the Comida slowly.
- Avoid eating fried foods or fats.
- Do not overeat; avoid excesses. It is better to stay on a half-empty stomach and not highly full.
- After each meal, perform a mouth cleaning. With this, you will no longer feel the desire to eat again until the next dinner.
- Practice some physical exercise daily at any time of the day. This will give you a better functioning of your digestive system.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Empacho: symptoms and how to cure it , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.