Food is essential in daily life, especially when it comes to implementing a special diet in the case of intestinal candidiasis, a pathology that, as its name indicates, occurs in the intestines as a result of a fungal infection called candida.
A particular diet hand in hand with medical treatment prepared by specialized professionals is ideal for treating the disease already installed and preventing its reappearance. Its treatment and control require a specific time so that a proper diet will guarantee the solution to the problem.
To eliminate this disease, you must adhere to a strict diet and have a lot of patience; together with drug treatment, the disease can be eliminated. This FastlyHealarticle gives you the necessary advice to follow a good diet for intestinal candidiasis.
Table of Contents
Definition of intestinal candidiasis
Intestinal candidiasis is an infectious process that affects the small intestine; it is produced by a fungus called Candida Albicans. This yeast lives in the intestinal tract, which helps maintain intestinal balance by eliminating the remains of poorly absorbed carbohydrates. Candidiasis is a product of several factors that influence the immune system, depressing it and altering the intestinal flora, thus causing excessive growth of this yeast.
Intestinal candidiasis: causes
There are different causes capable of triggering intestinal candidiasis:
- High consumption of sugar, carbohydrates, and alcohol: These products can increase blood sugar levels.
- Administration of antibiotics: which can alter the bacterial flora.
- Use of contraceptives: eliminates vitamin B6; its primary function is to strengthen the immune system.
- Drinking tap water: because it can contain high chlorine levels and destroys the intestinal flora.
- Stress: can depress the immune system, which favors the installation of candidiasis.
- Bad eating habits are capable of causing digestive disorders, increased blood glucose, and nutrient deficiencies, among others.
All these causes are capable of triggering intestinal candidiasis. In addition to requiring pharmacological treatment, a specialized medical assessment is needed and the implementation of a dietary regimen according to the symptoms that the patient presents.
Because candida is found in the intestinal flora, it feeds on some of the nutrients ingested in food; this is the case of sugar and carbohydrates, which allows its reproduction and increased release. Of toxins that harm the body. For this reason, the implementation of an anti candidiasis diet is recommended to combat the effects caused by this fungus.
Intestinal candidiasis: forbidden foods
The main thing to keep in mind is that you should not consume foods that allow the spread of candida. Among them, we must avoid:
- Refined sugar.
- Artificial sweeteners.
- Green peas.
- Those derived from milk, such as cheese and dairy products.
- Flours, wheat yeasts, and all their derivatives (pizzas, sweets, cookies, or pastries)
- Energy drinks, coffee, tea, soft drinks.
- Fruits and juices, both fresh and dried.
The intake of these products should be avoided during the first months that treatment is started since they favor the multiplication of the fungus that causes candidiasis. Similarly, red meat should be excluded while under anti candidiasis treatment.
Candidiasis: allowed foods
There is a group of foods that help strengthen the immune system and improve the intestinal flora for those who suffer from intestinal candidiasis; among them are:
- Propolis, this product should be consumed daily, alone or accompanied it can be diluted in water.
- Natural herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and onion) for their antifungal effect.
- Green juices and smoothies.
- Seeds and nuts.
- Green leafy vegetables like lettuce, spinach, and chard. Especially if they are bitter.
- Soups, purees, and vegetable broths.
- Fresh salads.
- Whole-grain foods.
- Olive oil in a small quantity.
How to eliminate intestinal candidiasis
Specific recommendations must be followed to control and eliminate yeast infection.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals is essential.
- Consume less food of animal origin; this avoids the intake of toxins that can contaminate the body.
- Nourish yourself with alkaline and detoxifying foods.
In addition to the Diet, the consumption of probiotic foods is required since they stimulate the balance of biological agents (bacteria and fungi) and the immune system; in this category can enter nutrients such as zinc, selenium, vitamins such as A, C, E and foods rich in omega 3.
There is the possibility that the patient who is under this Diet may worsen his symptoms for a short time until complete detoxification of the body is achieved through the Diet.
This diet must be followed for a minimum period of three months to see the desired results. During this time, symptoms improve, and the appearance of new crises is prevented. The important thing is to go to the doctor with the help of a nutritionist, who will indicate the therapy to follow along with a diet according to the symptoms you present.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Diet for intestinal candidiasis, we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.