Aesthetically, noticing that occasionally our hands peel can generate discomfort and concern filling us with doubts. Why are my hands peeling? What is happening? Those who, at some point, have noticed this singular and particular situation that does not necessarily reflect some serious problem will wonder.
It should be considered that no one wants to have any health-damaging condition, either internally or externally. The appearance is also the first presentation to the world, highlighting a well-groomed and presentable skin. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will clarify your doubts about the question Why do hands peel? And in addition, we will tell you what to do about this annoyance.
Why are hands peeling
The skin can reflect a problem in our body. That is why the hands can be the place where an irregular situation manifests itself in our body, and that it is essential to know. Here we explain what the conditions and diseases that can cause your hands to peel are:
- Dryness: many people suffer from dryness and have dry, rough, and scaly hands. In this case, the skin on the hands can easily peel off and peel.
- Dehydration: people who do not drink enough water a day may have to peel skin or peel hands; remember that water is necessary for optimal cell function; if you do not get enough water per day, the skin will begin to peel.
- Immune system: some problem or alteration of the body’s immune system could generate a favorable condition for the permanence of bacteria on the hands, increasing the probability of a skin tear in this area.
- Allergy: There is a probability that any allergy to animals, dust, pollen, detergent, or soap will cause the skin on your hands to flake.
- Dermatitis on the hands: this type of inflammation is related to the presence of fungi in the environment or in carrier animals with which humans have contact; the first manifestation is the inflammation of the surface with which there was contact, generally the hands, subsequently triggering symptoms such as itching, dryness, and peeling of the skin.
- Age: the older the skin is, the more likely it is to be drier, reducing elasticity and leading to peeling of the skin.
- Diet: hands can peel due to poor diet, lack or lack of nutrients, especially vitamins A, C, and E.
- Liver problems: when the liver is not working correctly, unusual symptoms such as skin rashes, rash, and peeling on the skin of the hands may appear.
My hands are peeling: what to do.
Depending on the cause for which your hands are peeling, you will have to start one treatment or another, always hand in hand with a medical diagnosis. However, several tips can be used by anyone when it comes to treating bare hands :
It is essential to be aware that before seeking help, determine if the reason that your hands are peeling is related to the cases described above and analyze if you are drinking enough water during the day. Otherwise, the main recommendation is to take 5 to 8 glasses a day. This will allow having the skin hydrated and the blood well fluid. A relaxed body will allow the sweat glands to regulate body temperature, avoiding overheating.
The crystal of aloe vera or aloe vera applied to the shedding skin will keep it hydrated. Also, this is a favorable treatment to keep your hands young and shiny. Apart from using the glass, it is also recommended to drink aloe vera water; this is done by placing a few pieces of the glass in a jug with water and drinking it regularly.
The body can manifest itself in different ways when it is not well nourished; in fact, peeling the skin on the hands is one of them. To avoid this, it is recommended to include foods rich in vitamin C, E, and A in the diet. Similarly, the consumption of citrus juices is recommended, especially in the morning, and vegetable juice such as carrots, avocado, olive oil, and fish. All this routine will allow us to maintain nourished and healthy skin.
How to prevent hands from peeling
Other measures that can be used to prevent peeling or flaking hands are:
- Use moisturizing creams on your hands, especially those made from aloe vera; this allows you to keep the skin on your hands smooth and hydrated.
- At night you can use it as a therapy to immerse your hands in warm water with salt and olive oil; this will eradicate any presence of fungi and provide smoothness and health to the skin of the hands.
- When using an irritant product, it is advisable to use rubber gloves. This will avoid having direct skin contact with these products.
- Avoid excessive hand washing, and if necessary, apply a moisturizer after each wash.
If this discomfort lasts for a few days and I do not improve after using the suggested treatments, we recommend a visit to the dermatologist, who will precisely determine the condition to be treated.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why do hands peel , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.