Are you looking for good home remedies to help you fight esophagitis symptoms? Apart from medical treatment and proper diet, it is possible to alleviate this condition by consuming some natural products with good properties for digestive health. Esophagitis can be defined as inflammation or irritation of the esophagus, which is the muscular tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach. This usually happens when the stomach fluid that contains acid travels to the esophagus, irritating the tissue of the esophagus and causing symptoms such as pain in the abdomen, chest, nausea, cough, among others. However, it can also be caused by infections or allergies, although these causes are not as common. In the following FastlyHealarticle we showwhat are the home remedies for esophagitis that you can use to combat its symptoms and regain your well-being. Pay attention!
Table of Contents
Causes and symptoms of esophagitis
Esophagitis is frequently caused by the so-called gastroesophageal reflux , this is the acidic liquid that rises from the stomach into the esophagus and irritates the tissue of the latter. Common factors that can increase your risk for reflux esophagitis include:
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Consumption of some medications without drinking water.
- Repetitive vomiting
- Hiatal hernia.
- Surgery or radiation to the chest, such as treatments used in some cases of lung cancer.
On the other hand, we also find eosinophilic esophagitis and infectious esophagitis. The first is developed by a high concentration of white blood cells in the esophagus, usually due to some type of allergic reaction. Instead, the second is caused by a bacterial, fungal, viral or parasitic infection in the tissues of the esophagus. The latter type of esophagitis is rare and is seen with a higher incidence in people with a weakened immune system.
The most common esophagitis symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain (in the pit of the stomach).
- Pain in the chest area.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Repetitive belching.
- Loss of appetite
- Discomfort when swallowing.
- Difficulty to swallow.
Aloe vera para esophagitis
When we are facing a case of esophagitis due to gastroesophageal reflux, in addition to the medical treatment that is required, the consumption of some natural products that help relieve symptoms, such as heartburn, abdominal pain, can be included in the day-to-day life. nausea, etc.
The aloe vera is one of the home remedies for esophagitis more effective, it has very beneficial properties for stomach health. It contains B vitamins, mucilages and essential amino acids that help reduce inflammation of the digestive tract, fight acidity and prevent the appearance of ulcers. It is best to prepare an aloe vera juice in the following way:
- Extract the pulp that is inside 1 aloe vera leaf.
- Pour the extracted aloe vera gel into the blender or a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 cup of water.
- Process everything until you get the aloe vera juice.
Take 1 cup a day of this preparation to notice the improvement. It is important that you do not overindulge in the consumption of this juice, since in excess it has a very powerful laxative effect.
Baking soda, natural antacid
Drinking water with baking soda is another excellent alternative to heal esophagitis naturally. The reason is that this product is a powerful natural antacid that helps neutralize stomach acids, thus reducing pain in the chest and abdomen and burning caused by the rise of stomach acids into the esophagus. In addition, bicarbonate is ideal for eliminating gas and fighting indigestion.
In this case, you just have to dilute 1/2 small spoonful of baking soda in 1 glass of water, stir and drink immediately, preferably after eating.
Apple cider vinegar, antacid and antibacterial
The apple cider vinegar is another natural product that helps neutralize the acid levels in the stomach , being very useful in case of heartburn stomach to improve digestion and to eliminate those harmful bacteria that can end up causing an infection.
Dissolve 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water and drink it before your meal to avoid indigestion and the discomfort associated with it.
Infusions for reflux esophagitis
Among the best home remedies for esophagitis, some medicinal plants with good digestive, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties stand out. With them, you can prepare infusions that help you eliminate reflux and the sensation of burning and acidity. Write down which are the most recommended medicinal herbs for this condition:
- Chamomile : acts against stomach inflammation, relieves abdominal pain and treats heartburn effectively.
- Licorice: it is antacid and antispasmodic, so it fights the main discomforts associated with esophagitis.
- Marshmallow: protects the gastric mucosa, is anti-inflammatory and reduces stomach pains.
- Ginger : blocks stomach acid, fights H. pylori bacteria, and prevents ulcers.
- Elm: it is a good natural relaxant and anti-inflammatory, very beneficial to reduce acidity.
Prepare an infusion with the selected medicinal herb and drink 2 cups a day, preferably after a meal.
Papaya juice, a great fruit for the digestive system
The papaya is a fruit that may be part of the natural treatment for esophagitis , it contains papain, an enzyme that confers multiple digestive properties. It is recommended to improve conditions such as gastritis, hiatal hernia or esophagitis thanks to the fact that it neutralizes acidity and soothes the gastric mucosa.
Prepare a papaya juice at home following this recipe and drink it fresh to take full advantage of all its properties:
- Peel and cut half a papaya into pieces.
- In the blender or in a bowl suitable for blending, add the papaya, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 glass of water.
- Process all the ingredients and drink the resulting papaya juice.
Recommendations to cure esophagitis
In addition to the natural remedies for esophagitis mentioned, it is important that you make changes in your diet so that this condition does not get worse and follow tips such as the following in order to improve your digestive health:
- Avoid eating foods that can make reflux worse, such as citrus fruits, tomatoes, spicy foods, cold cuts, snacks, pastries, alcohol, caffeine, etc.
- Avoid eating in abundance and foods that are very high in fat.
- Establish a fixed time for meals and do not spend many hours without eating.
- For good digestion, avoid lying down when you finish eating.
- Take the pills or tablets always accompanied by plenty of water.
- If you are overweight, it is important that you consult a nutritionist to follow the proper diet to lose weight.
- In a good diet for esophagitis, you can include the foods that we indicate in the article What to eat with heartburn .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for esophagitis , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.