Urine infections or cystitis are among the most common diseases, especially among the female population. Although well treated, they can be overcome without much concern, and the truth is that they are very painful and annoying. Many factors influence the appearance of these infections, urination habits, adequate intimate hygiene, and some sexual practices.
¿ When you have relationships that give urinary tract infection ?, Do you ask if I have sex if I have urinary tract infection? In the following FastlyHealarticle, we will explain everything about this condition, answering your questions and giving you some advice so that you do not have to suffer more from cystitis.
Symptoms and causes of urine infection
First of all, we must be clear about urine infection symptoms to quickly diagnose and follow an effective treatment that helps us overcome this condition as soon as possible. The most characteristic signs of urine infection are:
- Continuous urge to urinate
- Itching and burning in the urethra when you urinate
- Itching and redness in the vagina
- Pain when urinating and when having intercourse
- Urine changes color and smell
- Depending on the grade, it can cause fever, cramps, and vomiting
The fact that urine infections are much more common among women than men has a lot to do with the anatomy of the latter. Since the female urethra is much shorter and closer to the anus, it is much easier for bacteria to enter and lodge. In the case of men, that possibility is much more remote.
It is also common for cystitis to appear after sexual intercourse, so this disease is called honeymoon syndrome. Here are some terrible sexual habits that can lead to the appearance of urine infection :
- If it is not the woman who guides the penis when penetrating, it can drag bacteria from the anal area to the vagina, facilitating urine infection.
- If anal and later vaginal sex is maintained.
- Urinating after intercourse facilitates the expulsion of bacteria that may have lodged in the urethra.
- It depends on which lubricant and spermicides affect the natural bacterial flora of the vagina, making it easier for bacteria to attack the body.
- If you have sexual intercourse and the friction is very intense, the urethra can be compressed, causing bacteria from the urine to pass to that area.
Can you make love with a urine infection?
The cause of urine infections is the entry of bacteria, especially E-coli, into some parts of the urinary system. The fact that it is pretty standard for them to appear after sexual intercourse may suggest that it is how it is transmitted, but the truth is that no, the urine infection is not transmitted sexually.
When they have relationships, neither the man can transmit the bacteria to the woman, nor the woman can share it with the man. The only thing that happens is that bacteria can enter from outside, but it is never spread from one to another.
Urine infections or cystitis are not an STD -sexually transmitted, disease-although sex can facilitate its appearance. However, if you wonder if you can have sex with a urine infection, you should know that to the pain and discomfort you already feel, you should add another element, something that can take away all the pleasure from this act. So, to answer your question, we will tell you that:
- If your concern is whether the urine infection is transmitted through sexual contact, you should not worry; you can have intercourse if you have a urine infection.
- You have to bear in mind. Whether you are a man or a woman, the sexual act can be painful and not pleasant. Therefore, it would be advisable to abstain from having sex until the infection has passed.
- There is no problem if it does not hurt, as long as you avoid the risk factors that we have explained previously.
I am wondering if the urine infection sticks? In the following FastlyHealarticle, we explain if a urinary infection is contagious.
Urine infection very often
While it is true that it is one of the most common infections, especially for women, that does not mean that you should not remedy it if it affects you very recurrently. Suppose you get cystitis every time you have sex or have many urinary infections. In that case, we recommend visiting your gynecologist or urologist to see what is causing it and can remedy it.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Can I have sex if I have a urine infection? We recommend that you enter our category of Kidneys and urinary system.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.