Also known medically as calcific tendinitis, calcifications in the shoulder are a condition that primarily affects young adults, that is, people between 30 and 50 years of age. It has a reasonably high affectation; it affects almost 20% of the general population. It is worrisome due to the pain and movement restriction of suffering from this pathology.
Calcifications are a tendency to the hardening of a soft part, the tendon of the rotator muscles of the shoulder, by a substance called calcium carbonate. Do you want to know more about this injury and how to alleviate its symptoms? In the following FastlyHealarticle we will talk about the most critical aspects of calcifications in the shoulder and the natural treatment of choice.
Table of Contents
Calcifications on the shoulder: how it occurs
The calcifications shoulders are a standard box. Usually, the affected area is located at the top of the arm, where tendons of the rotator cuff are inserted, specifically the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, suprascapular and soft tissue.
The symptoms of shoulder calcifications are very similar to those of any tendonitis; they limit mobilization, generate constant and intense pain, and inflammation of both muscle and tendon.
The most common causes are:
- Minimal trauma with the presence of small tears, a product of sports or work joint overload.
- Degenerative disorders associated with age.
- Localized inflammation from being overweight.
- High Calcium in the blood is something known as hypercalcemia.
The causes of calcification in the shoulder are still controversial in the medical field; however, it is known that there are four phases of its development :
- A formative phase
- A phase of rest where the pain is variable and can hinder mobilization problems or not only if the calcium deposit has a considerable size.
- A reabsorption phase in which the body reacts and tries to absorb the calcium deposit generally manifests with pain and inflammation.
- Finally, an attempt is made to rebuild the tendon; this last phase is postclassic.
Most of the time, calcific tendinitis is asymptomatic and is discovered incidentally when taking an X-ray for another reason or when attending the annual complete medical evaluation.
Undo grade on the shoulder: treatment
The traumatologist is the one who will indicate the appropriate treatment for calcifying tendonitis of the shoulder, mainly based on:
- Administration of analgesics.
Ultimately, arthroscopic surgery can be performed, which produces a favorable result in approximately 90% of patients. However, it is reserved for the most severe cases.
Treatment is conservative, the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs improves pain, but they do not represent a significant long-term symptomatic change for those who suffer from this pathology.
Finally, surgeries are recommended when symptoms worsen considerably despite using an initial treatment. When daily activities are interfered with by pain, the surgical option is considered.
This procedure is carried out using a percutaneous aspiration under general anesthesia, which involves aspirating the calcium deposit by previously inserting a large needle into the shoulder, introducing a physiological solution into the lesion, and subsequently aspirating it; this is with the purpose that the Calcium is diluted in the injected serum.
Natural treatment for shoulder calcifications
In addition to these pharmacological and surgical treatments, natural therapies can be used for shoulder calcifications and the relief of its symptoms.
- In the first place, willow therapy improves the symptoms of calcifying tendonitis of the shoulder; it is recommended to use 2 grams of dried willow bark for each glass of water three times a day, without extending its use for more than seven days due to that among its adverse effects is gastric irritation.
- The sage is another natural treatment for shoulder calcifications. You must use crushed sage and boil it together in 250 ccs of vinegar for 5 minutes. To improve the inflammation of the shoulder, it is recommended to use it by moistening a cloth in the mixture and placing it on the shoulder at a tolerable temperature three times a day.
- The Echinacea is also an excellent natural treatment for muscle and tendon injuries. The photos design flame shoulder is recommended to ingest in preparation with a tablespoon of dried plant per cup of water twice daily for five days.
- If the pain is intense, it is recommended to prepare a mixture with rosemary, approximately half a cup of dried leaves, half a teaspoon of clove oil, and a cup of vegetable oil. Finally, it is boiled for 20 minutes. When the mixture cools, it must be packaged and used locally with a damp cloth.
Calcification on the shoulder: feeding
The alimetación is important when undoing a calficicación in hombre and preventing its occurrence. This is a natural treatment for this injury that is based solely on following a good diet:
- A diet is rich in magnesium-based vegetables so that muscles and tendons remain in good condition.
- A balanced diet containing lettuce, spinach, asparagus, parsley, nettles, and walnuts is recommended.
- A warm-up should be done before practicing any exercise or sudden movement.
- On the other hand, unnecessary movements should be avoided without warming up.
- Reduce the consumption of milk.
Shoulder calcifications can be treated naturally. However, going to the doctor for the diagnosis and design of the appropriate treatment should not be ignored.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Calcifications on the shoulder: natural treatment , we recommend that you enter our category of Bones, joints and muscles .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.